Sunday, November 11, 2012

Leaves & Smiley Faces


It's another rainy Sunday here and I love it. Perfect napping weather if you ask me!
 
 

After church today I went up to my parents house (my mom cooked me lunch- YUM!) and just hung out for a bit. At some point I was looking out the window and was watching it rain and all I could think of was "man that's a lot of leaves in their yard" and I wished that it wasn't raining and that someone was home so that we could go outside and play in the leaves. Yes, I am a kid at heart!

 

In the end I still had fun in the rain and leaves.


But I don't want to forget what this day is really about and what our freedom has costs so many people and their families. Veterans Day is a very special day and it's because of those men and women in uniform who serve our country that we have the freedom that we as Americans have. Without those who are willing to put on that uniform and stand for what they believe in and fight for this country we wouldn't be here today. America is beautiful and free. I hope and pray that it continues to be. But I also hope and pray that people start to realize that God is the way, the truth, and the life". John 14:6 And that through Him all things are possible. A BIG thank you to all our men and women who proudly serve the US.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment