Monday, July 23, 2012

Peace & Love

I did two cakes this weekend. One for our niece's 9th birthday and then one of David's cousins asked if I'd make him a cake because him and his girlfriend are celebrating two yrs. How sweet is that? I wanted to ask him if I need to put "will you marry me"? on it, but I didn't. I did however ask him later about it and he said, "not yet, maybe soon". He would have been eight or nine when David and I got together and it's crazy to think about him thinking about getting married.

 So when he called me up, I asked my usual question, what are thinking as far as design, what colors, what flavor, all to which his response was, "I don't know. You're a girl I figured you had some idea". There's the man I know. LOL!! I found this really super cute and simply cake on line and thought it would be perfect.


I ended up messing it up, but it still turned out kind of cute and when he got there to pick it up he acted like he really liked. I asked him later what she thought of it and he said she loved it. Which makes me love it when I know I screwed it up, but others love it anyway.

Our niece's birthday theme was peace. She's all about the peace signs and theme right now. All that she kept saying was that she hoped the cake a peace sign on it. Easy peasy right? Well I guess it really was, I just didn't let my peace sign dry long enough before I tried to move it so it kind of stretched out some and looks like an oval instead of a circle. hehe. But once again when she saw it she really liked it and was so happy that it had a peace sign on it.


So missons accomplished even if I know that neither one of them are perfect. But hey I'm not a professional, so these cakes will have to do. In seriousness, I'm really happy that both liked their cakes, but the most important thing is that they tasted GOOD!! And as far as I'm concerned I'd rather my cakes taste good instead of looks good and taste like cardboard. Just sayin'. I hope everyone had a great weekend. Did any of you eat any good cake?

No comments:

Post a Comment