Sunday, March 18, 2012

A Minnie Mouse Cake

So last weekend we had my nieces 2nd birthday party and the theme was Minnie Mouse. Super cute. I went online to get some cake ideas and there are so many cute cake ideas out there for this theme. I picked out the one I wanted to do and set out to get all the supplies that I needed. Well it didn't work out like it should have to I had to tweak it a little.

Super simple super easy. Plus Minnie not only served as the cake topper, but as our gift to her as well. She was super excited she almost didn't let us take pictures of her and the cake before she snatched Minnie off of it or some of the icing. LOL!!

I really wanted to do the cake that I had planned on, but she seemed to really like this one so I guess it all worked out. I'm now trying to come up with a cake for David's grandma's 90th (yes, 90th!!) birthday. Any ideas?!?

2 comments:

  1. The cake is cute. My page was shrunk down at first and I thought you had made the Minnie Mouse, too. I was going to be super impressed.

    As for David's grandma, what does she like? You could do really simple like this: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/yellow-cake-strawberry-filling-chocolate-frosting-00000000057755/index.html

    Or something more like the bottom layer of this one:
    http://www.onewed.com/photos/show/purple-ombre-wedding-cake-maggie-austin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I might need to make the chocolate with the strawberries one just for me to eat!!

      Delete