Saturday, November 5, 2011

The Big 3-0

Happy Birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday dear me, happy birthday to me!!  And a Happy Birthday to my twin brother too.  We celebrated our30th birthday today and I have to say that I was a little depressed.. Not so much about no longer being in my twenties or that its the start of a new decade (that in itself is depressing enough), but more so that I had to celebrate this HUGE birthday without my husband being home. I guess it is what it is, right? Since I was a little depressed and sad I decided that how I needed to celebrate this day was simply to go shopping (I'll use any excuse to go shopping) and these two, my sis-n-law and cute niece went with me. 

We had fun. We shopped we ate and just did whatever. Our family usually all gets together to celebrate because we have several birthdays in October and then ours in November, but we had to postpone that event for a later date. Hey thats just something to look forward to though. Tomorrow will be a little family get together starting at my mother-in-law's after church and then tomorrow night at my parents house. So the weekend wont all be bad. And to make things even better, when I got home from my day of shopping I got to do this...
 a video chat with David (please excuse his need of a haircut). Seeing him like this is better than not seeing him at all. Today was a good day and I don't think thirty will be so bad. I guess only time will tell.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

No comments:

Post a Comment