Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I {Heart} NY

So I went on a little mini vacay this past week to see the hubbs. It was also what we called ourValentines. And we ended up in NYC for a day. Neither one of have ever been there and he wasn't to thrilled that I wanted to go, but we were that close so there was no way I wasn't gonna go. I mean what's the chances that I'll ever get to go back? Ok the chances are actually pretty good. I'm already planning another trip to NYC in the near future and can not wait. There is so much that I want to do becuase we didn't get to do any of it, but I have a list and will be a little better prepared and it won't be as overwhelming the next go 'round. There are so many people and building and just stuff everywhere and I'll admit I panicked a little when we first got there because there was just so much to take in and I didn't have a clue where we needed to start or what direction we needed to go in. But thanks to a NYC map and David we managed to walk around for hours and hours and didn't get lost. Thats always a good thing.
Took this pictue on the bus ride in. Are you overwhelmed yet? I wasn't either at this point. (hehe)
Even seen Edward Scissorhands walking the streets of New York City. I couldn't resist taking a picture of him.

I so wanted to do the observation deck on top of Rockefeller Center. We went in, found out where we needed to buy our tickets, bought said tickets, and went up. I went through security and was waiting on David to get through, I look back and he's talking to the security guard waving at me. He had a pocket knife and they wouldn't let him go through. It the knife had cost less than the tickets I would have told him to get rid of it, but as is the case the knife cost more and thankful we got our money back on the tickets. So that is on the list of stops for when I return. I was a little bummed about it, but I'm over it now. I mean I'm going back so no problem.

I thought this pink elephant was super cute. Not really sure what it was doing on the side of the street, but I snapped a picture any way. I mean its not everyday you see a pink elephant hanging out.

I've got lots more to share so I'll be back. Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure you had lots of fun. I am sure that I will be so nervous flying in because I am going to have to meet up with my friend as we won't be on the same flight.

    ReplyDelete