Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Banners and Pinwheels

This month we celebrated my sister's and my newphew's birthdays. One is on the 23rd and the other is on the 26th. So I made each a cake, that way we also have a chocolate and a white cake so everyone is happy. They are super simple cakes and took no time at all to make.

Yes I know they are not perfectly smooth and a little uneven, but again super simple and easy. And no one at the party even seemed to notice those flaws.

 Who said scrapbooking supplies were just for layouts and cards? I sure didn't. I love making these pinwheels and they seem to be showing up more and more on my layouts. After I made them I just hot glued them to wooden skewers. Again super simple and easy.
I used one of my new punches to create the banner for this cake (I really am loving the banner punch. It just makes things a lot easier). Glued the punched shapes to some bakers twine and then tied the ends to wooden skewers. These cake really took no time at all and turned out pretty cute I thought. That's all I've got for now. Thanks for stopping by.  

1 comment: