Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Hello February

February is one of my favorite months and it has nothing to do with Valentine's Day I swear (wink). Ok I love Valentine's Day and all that goes with it. I love the fact that a whole day has been set aside to shower the one you love with gifts and chocolate and gifts and lots of love and did I mention gifts? I'm a sucker when it comes to Valentines except for flowers. My husband knows not to send me flowers on Valentines Day just give me that money so I can use it on something that won't be dead in a day or two. Send me flowers just becuase and when the price hasn't been jacked up three times the normal price. But with that all being said, I also love to decorate for this holiday and with all the goodies that are floating around out there I decided to make a little something new this year and wouldn't you know it, I've got the bug and I've already got several other things planned to make as soon as I get the stuff I need. Tonight I made this "framed art" using these hearts.


I couldn't decide if I wanted to do the garland like she did or do something else with the hearts. I decided to try something else, but I'm pretty sure I'll be making more hearts and creating a garland.
Here is what I made.
I like the way it turned out minus the black frame. That's all I had handy, I want to get a white frame and am now on a mission for a super cute white frame to use.


Here it is on the mantle with a heart garland that I made seveal years ago. I'm thinking this maybe the last time the heart garland gets used. There are just way to many cute ideas out there in bloggerville not to try and recreate, not to mention it's a pain to keep on the mantle. Any ideas on that?
That's all I've got for now, but like I said I have the creative bug and my next project includes wooden letters and lots of glitter. Can't wait to get started. Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: