Monday, December 5, 2011

DYI Christmas Wreath

I wanted to make two small wreaths to hang on the french doors that are in my kitchen. While I did find some very cute ones, I decided to make my own. I wanted them to be small, simple, and cheap. That is exactly what I made. While I'm sure there are way more creative folks out there that have way better ideas this is what I came up with.

Here's the stuff I used to create my mini wreaths
The "wreath" is actually garland that is rolled that I got at the Dollar Tree. I couldn't decide if I wanted to use the garland or buy an actual wreath, but I went with the garland and like the way they turned out. The rest is from Wal-Mart. Also a glue gun.

This is half way through. The Christmas balls just wasn't enough so I went back to Wal-Mart to get some gold flowers, but found these instead and loved them and they had gold on it.

Here they are finished. I like the way they turned out. I didn't want want huge wreaths on these doors and I think these turned out to be just the right size.

And a close up of each.
(please ignore the dirty panes on the doors). So that's it. Super simple, easy, and cheap. You can't beat that.

No comments:

Post a Comment