Friday, October 24, 2014

K & R



October is month full of birthdays, family members and friends both. Almost every week in October I know someone who is having a birthday. This week two of my very best friends and co-workers had birthdays just one day apart. We did lunch and then back at the office we had cupcakes that I made, both lunch and the cupcakes were delish. I whipped up cards for both girls and thought I would share them today. I'm not really a card maker, but I also have stopped buying cards because I refuse to spend six or seven dollars on something that most people just toss anyway. With as much scrapbooking stuff that I have making a card is not a problem so that's what I did.
Very simple cards, but I think super cute. I also did some embossing on both and even sprayed the top with one with some Heidi Swapp color shine. It didn't take me 15 min to create both cards and the envelopes for them. That's my kind of craftiness. :)

And since its Friday and the cupcakes were Auh-maz-ing I couldn't show them, but I mean can you really go wrong with chocolate cake with a surprise in the middle (a mini reese's) and peanut butter frosting? I think not. I found the recipe on Pinterest and had to try it out and I'm so glad that I did. Of course her recipe called for you take make the cake from scratch I think not, I mean who has time for that?? But the frosting is a keeper for sure. Here's to a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment