Monday, August 19, 2013

Tote ♥ // DIY


Good Monday morning to you! I thought today I'd share a DYI on some totes that I made for all four of our nieces birthdays. They were super simple and fun to make. The hardest part was deciding on what I wanted to put on them. Since this was my first time trying to do this I went with a big old heart because, well it was the easiest thing I could think of and I thought it worked out for little girls.


For this DYI all you need is a tote, iron,  freezer paper, some paint, a foam paint brush, and I got lazy and bought the iron on letters for the initials, and a die cutting machine, I used my Cameo to cut out the heart.

Step 1- iron the tote to get rid of some of the wrinkles.
Step 2- cut out the shape you want to use using the freezer paper then iron it onto the tote (shiny side down)
Step 3- using whatever color you want, paint the cut out shape. I had to do two coats to make sure that the entire area was covered and you couldn't see the color of the tote peeking through
Step 4- let the paint dry completely.
Step 5- here is where I got lazy and instead of cutting out the initials and doing more painting I just bought the iron on letters. I picked these up at Hobby Lobby. Place them where and how you'd like them to look on tote and follow the instructions on the packages to iron them onto the tote.
Step 6- Ta-da. A cute and easy gift to give out.

I really like this project and I have so many other ideas that I want to try. I know some people have made throw pillows or dish towels and I am going to give that a try too. The possibilities really are endless. Now its your turn to go give it  try. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment