Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Journaling Bible



A couple of weeks ago I ordered a new Bible, but not just your normal or average Bible, I ordered a new journaling Bible and I am in love. While our old Bible has things marked or underlined in it, this Bible has wide margins for you to doodle or draw or jot down your thoughts on a certain passage or even what the sermon at church was about. I first came across the idea of using a journaling Bible as more of a way to be artsy from Shanna Noel   on Instagram   and knew that this was the perfect way for me to not only study His word and learn, but to be able to scratch that creative itch. I mean its a win-win situation!!
I ordered the King James Version, because I'm a KJV person all the way. To me there is just something about this version that seems truer than the other versions. Yes, its hard to understand and most of the time I'm more confused than not, but God sees me through and that's what matters! While I know some versions have just changed up the language there are others that have completely changed what was written and I do not like it one bit. I've just started this process and I have decided that this is something that I want to do (or try to do) every Sunday after church when the sermon is still fresh in my mind. Of course if God puts something on my heart then it doesn't matter what day it is.
This was my first page and to be honest I was a little hesitant to start 'drawing" or "scrapbooking" in this new clean Bible, but I also knew that once I did the first page it would all be over and there would be no going back. So I told myself, "umm isn't this the reason you bought this Bible?" So I started and I haven't looked back since.
And my second page. I'm loving this page and I'm looking forward to learning more about Him and His word. This is for sure going to be one great adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment