Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wanna Be Baker

This weekend we celebrated my grandmother's 83rd and oldest nephew's 17th ( I feel so old) birthdays. So of course I was in charge of the cakes. Since my nephew has played football since he was little and is still playing I decided to do a football cake for him. Super simple and easy. Love those types of cakes when it takes longer to bake them then to actually decorate them. That's my kind of cake.

And for my grandmother's cake I wasn't sure what I wanted to do. So to the internet I went and came across this really pretty picture of a "ruffle" cake and loved it. It was simple and very pretty not to mention it didn't look like it would be very hard or take that long to do. It didnt't take me long at all, but I learned that my "ruffle" needs practice. I'm not sure if it was the icing (which is so what I'm blaming it on) or my technique (yeah, right). It still turned out looking ok and of course she loved it.
I will definitely be doing this cake again. I'm still kicking myself for writing the site down where I ran across this cake, but I'll be doing a google search later to see if I can find that particular site. She had pretty amazing things on there.  It really is a pretty idea for a cake. Whenever I do a cake that doesn't cause me to throw things around my kithcen, it always puts in a baking mood. I want to bake and make cakes and just be able to whip 'em out like nobody's busness, but that is never the case. I still love making cakes and I am ready for my next challange, my niece's 2nd birthday. Still no theme yet, but I hope I'll be able to make something fabulous. I guess we will see. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. The cakes look good. You wouldn't happen to have a Hello Kitty pan, would you?

    ReplyDelete